cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL World Account Hacked

hrc
Joining in

Hi, my very old NTL World account recently got hacked and I’ve been sent threatening messages from the hacker.

Despite it being one of two primary email addresses I use, I think I need to delete the account to prevent further fraud. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hrc 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post here. Sorry to hear about the issue with your email. 

I will drop you a private message now to confirm some further details so I can investigate and have this resolved for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I still haven’t had any direct message about this issue.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hrc  The private message should appear in your community message centre not your email inbox.

If your are looking at the forum on a desktop device look for the white envelope icon at the top right of the page. If you are using a mobile device then click on the profile circle in the top right corner and click on messages in the drop-down menu.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI private messages can be accessed via envelope icon, located towards top right of page, as highlighted below:

2023-05-11.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

I know I’ve been told by others where to find the direct message but I definitely don’t have one. Just following this up.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, sometimes things seem to go awry.  I will send a mention to @Travis_M to resend the message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I still have zero direct messages in my inbox from anyone on this thread. I only have auto-generated responses from Virgin about badges my account has earned.

Thanks for confirming those details via Private Message @hrc 

This has been raised to our IT team to have this closed as advised and they'll have this resolved for you with a current SLA of 19/05 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs