cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL Email address

CJW1957
Joining in

I have an old NTLworld email address and have passwords saved in Google.

I received an alert from Google today that 6 websites passwords are at risk.

How can I close this email address down as I don't use it anymore?

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @CJW1957 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with your service. Can I ask if this email is attached to a current and active broadband account with us? 

Thanks again

Hi, no we don't have an active broadband account but I have had a mobile account for many years.

The email I received from Google is saying that 6 passwords are visible online. When I look at the websites they are linked to, they're all connected to the ntl email address that I don't use now.

Should I just ignore the alert?

Thanks for coming back to us CJW1957. The Google alert would be just to warn you that your password(s) may not be safe, you can change them to help keep your account secure. For example, if you use the same password for multiple accounts, you're at greater risk of your accounts being compromised. We strongly recommend you use a unique password for every account.

I can get the email address deleted off the system but will need to confirm some details via private message, so that we can raise this with our support team.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details CJW1957, I have looked into this and now logged this with our support team to have your mailbox removed from our system, I will be back in touch as soon as I have any further updates.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L