cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL Email access

LostBoy3747
Joining in

I am unable to access my NTLWORL email, it keeps asking for the password, so i assume it has been altered by a third party.

When logging into Virgin Media, my NTL email is not set as the primary one and manage accounts is empty, so i have no way of accessing the email account and resetting it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LostBoy3747 wrote:

It does seem to have given me access again so may have been a temporary glitch. however in relation to the account - i have only ever had one virgin media account, a few years ago i changed the main email address to a different one as i wish to try and close my NTL one due to the amount of weird and unsolicited emails it gets, its just tedious! but in the Manage Accounts section there is nothing listed, not even an account with the newer email address.

I think this needs to be checked out by VM.

Basically if you have VM email accounts that do not appear in your My Virgin Media account under either the "My Profile" or the "Manage Account" tabs it means there is an issue. Either the email accounts are:

• linked to another Virgin Broadband Account or
  • they are not linked to any VM Broadband account

In the first case someone-else actually controls the email account which I would find disturbing and in the other it means that VM could delete the account at any time.    (All VM email accounts need to be linked to a VM broadband account and VM do appear to be having a purge on those at the moment.)  That also leads to the possibility that VM may in the first stage of deleting the account.

Hopefully one of the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will offer to look into this when they reach this thread in the next day or so.  I would strongly suggest that you take up their offer rather than assuming everything is now fine.

Sorry I cannot help more but I think this needs VM to check out exactly what the position is with your VM email accounts.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LostBoy3747 wrote:

I am unable to access my NTLWORL email, it keeps asking for the password, so i assume it has been altered by a third party.

Not necessarily. The fact that the email address does not appear as the primary or a secondary email address in your My Virgin Media account suggests there is much more behind this.

Exactly what error message do you get when you use that ntlworld address and password  to sign directly in to the email account from here : https://mail2.virginmedia.com/    ?

Also, is it possible that this Ntlworld address was originally set up under a previous VM Broadband account rather than your current one? That could explain why the email account is not listed in your My Virgin Media account. It could also mean that your Ntlworld address has been deleted by VM as an "orphan" account - one that is not linked to a live broadband account.  If that is the case, post back here PDQ.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

when using outlook, it just asked popped up with the window to enter my password, when trying to get to the email page via virgin media it timed out and failed to load the screen.

It does seem to have given me access again so may have been a temporary glitch. however in relation to the account - i have only ever had one virgin media account, a few years ago i changed the main email address to a different one as i wish to try and close my NTL one due to the amount of weird and unsolicited emails it gets, its just tedious! but in the Manage Accounts section there is nothing listed, not even an account with the newer email address.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LostBoy3747 wrote:

I think this needs to be checked out by VM.

Basically if you have VM email accounts that do not appear in your My Virgin Media account under either the "My Profile" or the "Manage Account" tabs it means there is an issue. Either the email accounts are:

• linked to another Virgin Broadband Account or
  • they are not linked to any VM Broadband account

In the first case someone-else actually controls the email account which I would find disturbing and in the other it means that VM could delete the account at any time.    (All VM email accounts need to be linked to a VM broadband account and VM do appear to be having a purge on those at the moment.)  That also leads to the possibility that VM may in the first stage of deleting the account.

Hopefully one of the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will offer to look into this when they reach this thread in the next day or so.  I would strongly suggest that you take up their offer rather than assuming everything is now fine.

Sorry I cannot help more but I think this needs VM to check out exactly what the position is with your VM email accounts.

Coenoby

Hey @LostBoy3747,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here. I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you've had with your ntlworld mailbox.

I would be happy to take a look at this problem via a private message so that we can confirm your details and get this looked into further.

Please look out for the message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L