Menu
Plaverock1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

NTL Email Password/Account Hacked

I still use my NTL email account, through outlook.  I think it has been hacked - been receiving all kinds of scam emails.

Since last week, when I try and access my emails, I am getting an error message saying password is incorrect.  I cannot remember what my password was if I'm honest.  I have changed my virgin media account password (thinking it would be the same as the NTL email one) but it is still not working.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can reset the account please and/or change the password?

Thanks for any help!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTL Email Password/Account Hacked

@Plaverock1 wrote:

I still use my NTL email account, through outlook.  I think it has been hacked - been receiving all kinds of scam emails.

Since last week, when I try and access my emails, I am getting an error message saying password is incorrect.  I cannot remember what my password was if I'm honest.  I have changed my virgin media account password (thinking it would be the same as the NTL email one) but it is still not working.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can reset the account please and/or change the password?

Thanks for any help!

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Plaverock1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham, I’ll try this. Although, I couldn’t see the NTL email account listed when I had a quick look earlier! 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Plaverock1 

If the Ntlworld email address concerned is not listed then it is what is termed an orphaned account.

If that is the case the only thing that the VM Forum Team staff can realistically do is ensure that the email address is fully deleted from their systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Plaverock1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Right. If that’s the case, then it may be for the best as it’s definitely been compromised in some way. 
Thanks for all your help. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Plaverock1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

We can take a look into this for you, I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos