Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

NTL Email - Cannot Access

I have an NTL email address which has been working fine but recently it stopped sending emails and they got stuck in my outbox. 
I was advised to delete the account on my iPad and add it again. I did this but when adding it, my password wasn’t accepted.

I tried going online to reset the password but am directed to the Virgin site and I’m not recognised. 

Does anyone know how I can get the password reset?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTL Email - Cannot Access

First, and probably the most important question is ‘are you a current CM broadband customer?’ And if you are have you ever had a break in service (moved house etc.) since the email address was set up?

Before you deleted the account on the iPad (and who advised you to do that as 90% of the time it makes things worse), could it receive email and just not send or both?

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No. I’m not a VM customer. I moved house 3 years ago and VM was not available at my new house so we had to change providers. Email has been working fine since then and still works on my phone. 

Before deleting the account it was receiving mail fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM will not help you. Your account should of been deleted 90 days after you left.
Sometimes this will not happen at the time but the account will get detected and deleted at any time after the 90 days.

All VM can do is make sure the account is correctly and fully deleted for you

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I’d suspected that may be the case. 

The account is actually belongs to my mother in law who is in her 70’s. She was never advised this would be an impact of moving providers. It would have been nice if VM had given a heads up before changing the access. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

its always been in the T&C. but most people never read what they are agreeing to 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks