cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL Account Hacked

Akela
Joining in

Hi

In the last few days my ntl email has been hacked and VM haven't been very helpful. I've had the threatening email asking for $400 to "make it all go away". Persons unknown have locked me out of my Facebook and Twitter accounts and also tried to take over my ebay account (haven't found a way to contact these companies). I've also created a brand new email address and managed to change all my important accounts (Bank, utilities etc) to that. I now want to use my new email for my VM account and close my ntlworld.com email. Would really appreciate if anyone can guide me on how to do this please.

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Akela 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your NTL email account, and difficulties trying to get things sorted. We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can look into getting the hacked address deleted for you, and setting your My VM account up with a new contact email address. 
I will send you a PM now to offer help with this!  - You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi Molly,

In light of what's happened to me I'm very cautious about giving out any details, even by private message. Is there anyway you can explain the process so that I can do it myself? 

Keith

Hi Keith,

It's perfectly fine to reply to my colleague with the details she's asked for as she's trying to help you.

You can try this link to see if it helps.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill