Menu
nickcope
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

My virgin.net email has been hacked

As with others in the community my virgin.net email account has been used for spam and is being blocked. I have tried to access my account on my computer and sign in to change the password. However, it doesn't recognize my password, won't accept my security answers when I try to reset it. I have had the email account for over 20 years, but am not a virgin media customer. I want to reset the password and be able to continue using this email account securely.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: My virgin.net email has been hacked

@nickcope wrote:

I have had the email account for over 20 years, but am not a virgin media customer. I want to reset the password and be able to continue using this email account securely.

Unfortunately if you are not a VM broadband customer you are no longer entitled to use a VM email account.

It sounds as if VM should have closed your virgin.net email account many years ago but they seem to have allowed many like yours to slip under their radar.

From you description of what happens when you try to reset your password it may be that your account has not yet been fully deleted. However VM will not re-enable your email account if you do not have a VM broadband account .

All any VM  staff member can do now is to ensure the account is fully deleted so that it cannot be used to send spam.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum will pick up this thread in the next day or so and contact you via the forum.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 😐

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos