Menu
Glenmarie290668
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My virgin media account has been locked by you. Email not working

Your letter ref:VMIS102  dated 23/06/20 confirming security compromise on my email address:

[REMOVED]

I have now a new email address of [REMOVED] please update your records and when sending emails with my bill details and any other correspondence  to this new email address.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My virgin media account has been locked by you. Email not working

I certainly will take note of these lovely e-mail addresses and you will shortly be hearing from my friends in the Ukraine with more spam than you have ever seen.

This is a public forum and is a magnet for people and bots who want e-mail addresses to spam. Thanks for giving them the opportunity.

The Forum has a rule - no personal information to be posted.

What you have asked for cannot be transacted through the Forum.

Edit out your e-mail addresses. I have alerted the Mods. However the damage has probably been done.

Why don't people take care of their personal privacy and then complain about the amount of spam they get?

The reason VM locked your account was because it had been compromised and was seen to have been sending spam that you would never have know about. All you had to do was change the password and then come here to get VM to unlock the address. What you did was entirely unnecessary and added not detracted the problem of spam. But if you want to change the contact address that VM use for you then you can do this yourself via My Virginmedia, which will still be working for you. Instead you have pulled roof down over your head.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

Watch your Google account for oodles of spam too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My virgin media account has been locked by you. Email not working

Hi Glenmarie290668,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to access your email account ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos