Menu
gilliepops
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My partner keeps getting locked out of his emails after his account got hacked

Is it possible to cancel a Virgin email account and register for a new one but keep the original email address for the new account?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My partner keeps getting locked out of his emails after his account got hacked

Did he follow all the steps detailed here What to do if your email's been hacked?

When you next follow the above steps consider also signing into webmail and selecting > Quit other sessions then Yes, close all other sessions

Out of curiosity, why not just move to another email provider with security that is equal to or greater than that of the services it will be used with?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gilliepops
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My partner keeps getting locked out of his emails after his account got hacked

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know exactly what he has done since the problem occurred so I will check with him. I know his password has been changed several times. He doesn't want to change his email provider as wants to keep his email address.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

To further add and to answer your other question if the email address is deleted then I am afraid that it cannot be used again.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi gilliepops

Thanks for posting and I am really sorry you're having ongoing issues with your partner's email address.

The advice given by our fantastic community is correct.  We/Your partner would need to reset the password and not delete the email address.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos