Menu
CharlieB12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My old ntlworld email account has been hacked

Hello

I’ve an old ntlworld email account that was never deleted when I left VirginMedia 2 years ago. This account has now been hacked and is being used maliciously. All the suggestions on this forum appear to require a login to my Virgin Media account which I no longer have. I need the account deleted. Please can someone help, this is a real security issue

0 Kudos
Nicki67
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: My old ntlworld email account has been hacked

Hi, I have the same problem. I now have a new email account, the old ntlworld should have been deleted by virgin when I left them first time round after 90 days I believe. I am getting loads of security spam emails. Was wondering whether I can just delete from my email settings but would rather it be cancelled completely. Can't find how to do it anywhere, so frustrating and worrying.

CharlieB12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media...Having contacted you via Twitter I was assured someone would take this further via this forum. Nothing yet tho.

Please can you take this seriously- whoever is now using my ntlworld account has made several Microsoft Store purchases and opened an account with TeamViewer -  If you’re aware of their business you’ll know that is a huge security risk. I have done everything I can to safeguard myself but others elsewhere are falling victim.

My ntlworld account needs to be deleted ASAP.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @CharlieB12

Welcome back to our Community after all these years - sorry to understand that an old email address still seems to be active after leaving us. Email addresses are usually purged and deleted around 90 days after leaving us. If the email is still being actively used, it can miss the purge.

If it's linked to an inactive account, we can indeed get this fully deleted for you - I have located your account from your forum information so will pop you a quick private message so we can go through security and ensure we have the correct email address.

Please look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

(Our Community Forums are primarily here for our Community to help and assist in the first instance - if you require staff assistance, this can take a bit longer as we allow our community to reply first if needed or to flag to a staff member. It can be around a week sometimes for a staff member to reply to a thread)

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Nicki67

I can see that you have your own thread - we'll reply over there to avoid any confusing and duplication. 

We do request in our house rules that you do try and not post the same thing multiple times

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for your Private Message @CharlieB12

I can confirm we have requested for your emails to be purged under reference number P010401809. This is usually done quote quickly but can take up to 5 working days. 

I'll be sure to update you when I can

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

CharlieB12
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sorting this out. Hopefully it will be fairly quickly 

CB

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi CharlieB12,

Thanks for coming back to us, please let us know how you get on, if you have any further issues do not hesitate to come back.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
CharlieB12
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks

one more question ..... my wife also still has an old ntlworld account which she doesn’t use but it is still active. She never had a Virgin Media community login in her own name so how does she go about getting her email account also purged?

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ho CharlieB12

Sorry for the delays in getting back to you. 

Is this something you still require assistance with or have you been able to arrange your wife's old email address to be cancelled?

If not, let us know and we'll be happy to help with this.

Rob

0 Kudos