Menu
Buzzgirl
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My ntl email has been hacked

Help my email has been hacked. I have managed to recover control of fb, amazon and other applications but now the hacker's are setting up new accounts using my email account.  I have changed my password but they still seem to be in it. 

How do I secure my account?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: My ntl email has been hacked

Hi Buzzgirl,

Sorry to hear about your email being hacked.

I'm going to send you a Private Message asking for details so I can help you with this.

Please reply back to it and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Lisa

MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is a good start.  Come back if you need more help.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Buzzgirl
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have followed all of this but I am getting so many emails about new accounts and changed passwords its really stressing me

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Buzzgirl,

My colleague, Lisa, has messaged you. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner of this screen to respond. She'll be able to clear account security with you and work towards a resolution.

Thanks,

Rachael

Buzzgirl
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still not getting anywhere with this issue, virgin keep asking me security questions which I know I am answering correctly but they keep saying my answers are wrong but as I keep explaining if it has been hacked they have obviously changed my password and other data.  All I need to do is get in to change details on accounts I have linked to this email but most account set ups email your email account to reset, anyone have any idea how to get round this issue please 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I understand that you're eager to regain access to your compromised email account however I need to ask security questions to access your account for your safety.

As advised, you will have received instructions from us on how to reset your password on the account, please follow the instructions carefully and if you're still unable to, please post screenshots on any errors.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
CazB1
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same thing has happened to me over the last couple of days and I’m trying to sort it out. . What sort of accounts are being set up in your name!

0 Kudos