cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ntl email has also been hacked along with other sites

Quest4help
Tuning in

I no longer have a virgin account and I have spent three days trying to get Virgin to change my security or delete my ntl email address since a hacker has full control and is sending me blackmails from my own email and  now have password control of my Microsoft, face book, eBay and instagram accounts possibly others.

im extremely stressed and concerned that virgin the cyber crime reporting team are unable to resolve this issue for me as I need to start by deleting or changing the security on my old ntl account any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated btw I am no longer a virgin media customer.

4 REPLIES 4

Quest4help
Tuning in

Hi I am having the same issue I have spent many wasted hours over the weekend to virgin call centre in India who refuse to help because I don’t recall my last account payment date or bill amount from 8 years ago in the meantime the hacker has used my email to access my Microsoft account eBay etc and unless I gain access to delete or change the password of my ntl email I am stuck

Any assistance would be appreciated 

Quest4help
Tuning in

What are customers who no longer pay expected to do in order to change their Email Password or stop the email service if their account is hacked.

I have been driven to despair over the weekend by virgins lack of help as I can’t get into my account and fail their security questions relating to my last bill and account number from more than 8 years ago which is when I left them.

In the meantime the hacker is using my email to access all my other platforms such as windows outlook Facebook etc and I can not do anything

Any assistance or advise for removing NTL world emails or resetting the password would be very much welcome.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Quest4help,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with your email. So I can help, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hander) to get a few details from you.

Alex_Rm

Hi Quest4help,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your old NTL Email, as you are no longer a customer all we are able to do is delete  the Email completely.

So I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purpole envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.