Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My emails not being received by those with hotmail accounts

I've seen the replies on this issue but they are old. Is this still a problem and how can I get Virgin to fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My emails not being received by those with hotmail accounts

What happened in the past is no guide to what is happening now. I'll go do a test and report back. I have both VM and Outlook.com mail addresses. Watch this space.

Edit - No problem with my two addresses. E-mail sent from VM and received fine in Outlook.com. Same as Hotmail. Same servers.

So more detail please about what is going on please. Are the messages being bounced back? If so please post the error message - redacted to remove the first part of e-mail addresses - before the @ symbol. We'll advise further then.  I don't think you are sending ordinary e-mails. Is this from some kind of business? I wonder if Outlook.com are rejecting them because of something you are doing. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. The emails I sent appear in my sent box as if the recipients had received them but they hadn't. I'm using a secondary email account - virginmedia.com for friends; i have a blueyonder.co.uk account for other contacts. The problem has only arrisen in the last couple of days - before that the emails have been received

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Then it probably isn't VM's problem. For some reason Outlook.com is rejecting them. But if that were the case you'd get a bounce back notification. Unless you do there is no way of knowing what is happening. Doesn't matter what VM domain you are sending from. They are all the same to the e-mail system.

Are you doing something like sending the mail from one VM address but using another of your addresses as the reply to address?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No - I send from @virginmedia .com, they aren't received but do appear in my sent box. Those same people send emails to my @virgin media address and so far there is no problem with me receiving them. I've had no problems until, I think, Nov. 3rd and the Hotmail users received my emails before then. I have a @blueyonder email but keep that for organisations.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All e-mails leave a complete trace of themselves as they pass through the system. That is how the system is set up. VM are clearly not blocking your outgoing mail. I can send from my VM address to my Outlook.com (was Hotmail) without a problem. Unless you get a bounce back message that mail cannot be delivered then we can't go any further really. Check your spam folder on web mail to see if the bounces are there. As your friends if the messages have have gone into their Junk folders. It could also have been a temporary Hotmail glitch. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I think I'll give up and return to pen and paper!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Looks like it was a glitch. The emails I sent still haven't been received, but new ones are now arriving no problem. Thanks for your advice.

0 Kudos