Menu
Danielwalsh
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My email seems to have been cut off?

Hi. My email seems to have been cut off. I've had the same virginmedia email address since my father got virgin setup at home around 13 years ago. He passed away in October 2020 and my mother took over his account. As her email address was under his original account hers also got cut off but that has been resolved.(

I recently got virginmedia broadband at my property but can't log in to anything.

I need to be able to access my emails ASAP. 

Can anyone please help

Many thanks 

Danny 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: My email seems to have been cut off?

Hi @Danielwalsh

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your email but we can certainly look into this for you. 

So just to confirm, did you have a Virgin Media account in your name previously but have moved property? 

Or have you never had a Virgin Media account in your name? 

Please do let us know so we can assist further. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Danielwalsh
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've never had a virgin account in my name before now. I got my email account about 13 years ago when my father who is now recently deceased had a virgin account. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Danielwalsh, and our sincere condolences for your loss.

This may be a case of needing to transfer the E-Mail accounts from your Father's account to the new account we've created under your name

When doing a transfer of E-Mail addresses from a former account to a new account, this will move over all E-Mail accounts, but will overwrite any E-Mail addresses you've created on the new account

I'll seek to take some details from you via our private messaging function and get this sorted for you as soon as we possibly can

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Danielwalsh
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can somebody please call me regarding this issue. We are getting nowhere via messaging 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately we cannot schedule call backs from the Forums, I'm sorry.

Did you managed to change the password on the email account as David suggested?

Please let me know,

Serena

0 Kudos
Danielwalsh
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No. I haven't. I'm not back up north until tje weekend. 

As I've said to David, somebody has sorted this once for my sister. His name is on all the screenshots I've sent. Surely he can do it again?

If what David suggests doesn't work  then what?

As I've said I've had this email address for well over 15 years. And I need to access it via another platform instead of my phone so I can open emails up.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daniel,

I would suggest that perhaps you try the change password route on your E-Mail account too - but ultimately, David has asked you to change the memorable word via your Mother's self-care account so please give this a go when you can and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos