Menu
fitzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My email account was not migrated to my new virgin account

I cancelled my virgin media package but setup a new one as part of a house move.  However since then my email accounts have never been linked to my new account.  I cannot see them like I used to be able to under my old account and more importantly when I logon to my virgin media portal it thinks I don't have an email account setup despite the fact I do and I use it as my login to the my virgin media portal.   I am unable to access virgin webmail any more although I can still access it from my smart phone.  Despite many calls into virgin customer services they seem unable to link my email account to my new account?!?  I am concerned as the 90 day rule to remove old email accounts is due at the end of this month and I am concerned I will lose everything in the mailbox.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My email account was not migrated to my new virgin account

Hi Fitzy,

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry your emails have not been transferred over I can sort this out to transfer them to your new account, please be aware any emails on your new account will be deleted 

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos
fitzy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoe, tank you for your offer of assistance.  Can you please let me know what you need from me to get this completed?

FYI, my email account still exists (although could be deleted any point after the end of this month), but when I logon to my new virgin media account (using that email as the login) it doesn't recognise I have any mailboxes setup.  I believe I just need the mailbox migrated/linked in some way to my new account so it doesn't get deleted and that when i login to my online virgin account I see the account and can access web mail again.

Also I havent setup a new mailbox on my new virgin account so not concerned anything there would be deleted.

If you are available for a call that would be great, its always easier to discuss in person than try and cover it in an email?

Lee

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello fitzy

Thanks for getting back to us, we're happy to help. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to get this looked into further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Rob

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks fitzy, please keep me up to date with this.

Rob

0 Kudos