Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My e-mails are sent to trash after 1 day

For the past three days my inbox has been cleared of e-mails which are more than i day old.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My e-mails are sent to trash after 1 day

Sign into webmail and check there are no unexpected Filter Rules under , Settings, ▸ Email, Filter Rules. Should there be any make a note of what they do before deleting them and then follow the advice here Compromised Email Account advice; consider following the latter advice as a precautionary action as well.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt reply but I made an error.They aren't actually sent to trash they are just permanently deleted. THere are no filter rules except for Blacklisted e-mails.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Change your password - maybe you have been hacked and the hacker is doing it on the quiet?

Set up an autoforward yourself to an external address - see if that helps?

Then gradually change all your email services to another, more secure provider that has a support system in place.  Choose something not linked to your ISP, so you only have to change once.

ETA:  I hope you have followed all the advice in the link provided by  . in message 2.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos