cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin media email account has been hacked

JW15
Tuning in

My virginmedia email account has been hacked which is not linked to my virgin account (it is an old email) I have tried to phone and use the messenger services with virgin media already but these have not been helpful. 

I did have access to my email until around an hour ago but can no longer access. 

can someone advise me what to do as this is ridiculous!!

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JW15

Sorry to hear of the email account issues experienced, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We can see you have sent us a Private Message, usually, unsolicited private messages are removed as we invite in when and where required. In this instance I'm happy to help due to the nature of the request but in future, please wait to be invited to a Private Message to avoid no reply at all. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

JW15
Tuning in

Is there an update on this issue?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The important factor is that you said your email address is not linked to your current Virginmedia account.  It may well be in the process of being closed as an orphaned account. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

In this case VM staff might be able to get you temporary reaccess to save any important data. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you for your reply, the case is already with VM so I was just looking for an update.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I noticed it was a week since it went to PM, and since you hadn't heard anything I thought a word of caution was in order. I hope it's not too late. If you don't already have alternative email account this would be a good time to get one. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.