Menu
sas1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin media account not allowing me to delete an email account or change password

one of our email accounts has been hacked and we wanted to delete the account, unfortunately  on you manage accounts section of virgin media when the request to delete the account or change the password it returns an oops we cannot process!

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin media account not allowing me to delete an email account or change password

Hi sas1

Thanks for posting. My apologies about the email. 

To confirm, is the email you're trying to delete the primary email?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
sas1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin media account not allowing me to delete an email account or change password

No it is not the primary email

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sas1,

I'll look into this further for you via PM

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
sas1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

has anyone ever had success deleting a non-primary email account. I tested again today and same issues it allows the delete button to be pressed and then redirects to a page oops something has gone wrong

I even tried ringing their help desk to resolve but to no luck

screen shot.JPG

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@sas1 wrote:

has anyone ever had success deleting a non-primary email account.

Well, just to show what an exciting life I lead 😯 I decided to put that to the test.

This morning I set up a new secondary email address and sent a test message.

In the last 5 minutes I have gone in to my 'My Virgin Media' account and successfully deleted that new address with no problems at all. Not sure exactly what that proves but my answer to your question is "Yes, I have". 😉

Someone recently had the same "oops somethings broken" error message when they tried to create a new secondary address and they eventually reported that they solved their problem by clearing the cache and cookies in their browser (see message 5 here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-alias-s/m-p/4327799 )

Note though that if you are using either Chrome or Firefox, rather than deleting cookies and cache you can achieve the same effect by using Chrome's "Incognito Mode" or Firefox's "Private Window"

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos