Menu
ceisra
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Media and passwords

I am a long standing customer but only have Virgin Mobile and Virgin Email

As the origional customer, my email is used as the login to My Virgin Media and hence I create the sub emai addresses. I recently created 2 more addresses and yesterday created another, so there is my top address and 4 sub addresses.

This morning my wife checked her emails on her phone and it asked her to re-enter her password.

This was not done and I checked my emails on my phone and it again asked for the password to be re-entered.

I subsequently checked all 5 addresses via web browser and all required a new password.

I then tried to log into My Virgin Media and again it would not accept the password.

At this point I cannot access any emails and cannot access My Virgin Media

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Media and passwords

@ceisra It is a requirement for continued use of Virgin Media Mail that you have a virgin media broadband account and that the email addresses concerned are part of the account.

Unfortunately being a Virgin Mobile customer alone is not sufficient.  I suspect that your loss of access signifies the beginning of a clear up process to remove your 'orphaned' email addresses from the system.

The VM Forum Team staff will be able to advise you as to the exact situation when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ceisra
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A 

Thank you

I have just been on the phone for 1hr 20 mins to a support guy in Sheffield who could find no details of my account anywhere, he has raised an IT support ticket but has doubts on resolution.

I remember about 5 years ago recieving an email about accounts that no longer had service but i replied saying I was a mobille customer and that was accepted as ok.

My main problem is NOTHING was recieved saying they were going to do this.

As you can imagine there are years of emails so I have to get them somehow and I registered on this forum with a virgin.net email address

0 Kudos
ceisra
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

hello again

Is there any way of quickly getting hold of the The VM Forum Team staff please

It appears the system is still accepting emails for the all 5 addresses but the important ones are mine.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The VM Forum Team would arrange for an IT ticket to be raised, but you reported that that has already been done. You will need to wait for that to be dealt with.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
ceisra
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sorry i should have detailed more clearly as to why I need to contact the The VM Forum Team

As my login has been deleted I therefor do not exist on the system and have no way of tracking the progress of the call.

A call logged by the The VM Forum Team can be at least followed up.

I do not wish to disclose my full reasons to be able to track the call but they are clinical.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have escalated this thread to the VM Moderators - they should now add it to their priority queue and so there should be a Forum Team response in a few hours.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ceisra, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for any issues with the email service, we're keen to help. 

I will need to pop you a personal message and grab some details so I'll do this now an I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello ceisra

I am looking into this now for you 

I will be honest its not looking good as the details you gave show no former .net accounts 

Do you have the IT Reference number 

How did you report this originally?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
ceisra
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I origionally rang virgin mobile who confirmed that I have/had a .virgin.net email address but the operator said they could not look into email accounts so I was transfered. After a very long wait the call was taken by a support staff member in Sheffied. He said he could find no info and would open an IT support call.

the call lasted 1hr 20mins 33sec

My name, address, phone number and alternate email address were given

I was not given a call number but told it could be up to 5 days for any action

This is why I opened this forum call

Currently I can prove that I was still recieving .virgin.net emails at 09:30 4/1/21

If you send me a personal message I will detail why I need to get my emails back

0 Kudos