Menu
stokiejoe
Tuning in
Message 41 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Spam solution

Sorry to be thick about this, but!

How do I get a list of domains into the filter rule?

Would be most helpful if someone could do a "Janet and John" walkthrough for people like me

Huge thanks in advance

Joe

0 Kudos
zzzzztt
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Stokiejoe,

Just go to the first post in this thread and forget about the domain filters.

I used the fix Dave showed us and all the spam is nicely going into the spam folder & none is coming into my inbox. 

Unless you've tried that of course and your issue is not the same as this Norton/ Macafee/ Bitcoin etc etc dated 4/10/20.

If that's the case, the other thread you're on has detailed ways of adding the various offending domains but when I tried adding that, all my emails started going to spam!

0 Kudos
stokiejoe
Tuning in
Message 43 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Thanks tried the date filter but still coming through. Struggle adding domains as a list. Changed my pc email client to Thunderbird and Android to Bluemail as both have domain filters so will see what happens. 

But thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 44 of 52
Flag for a moderator

@zzzzztt wrote:

Stokiejoe,

If that's the case, the other thread you're on has detailed ways of adding the various offending domains but when I tried adding that, all my emails started going to spam!

If that was with a Regex condition then it is likely an empty alternation appeared in the condition, for example example\.com|example\.net||example\.org ― correct expression is example\.com|example\.net|example\.org

0 Kudos
stokiejoe
Tuning in
Message 45 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, think I understand  now 

0 Kudos
Wendolene
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Well after a few days of 'batting them away' with the new Spam settings posted here, they are back with a vengeance!

I am trying to setup a new email account as I have one still available, but keep getting error messages when I try.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 47 of 52
Flag for a moderator

@Wendolene wrote:

I am trying to setup a new email account as I have one still available, but keep getting error messages when I try.

Do consider not setting up a new email address with an ISP unless whatever digital presence it establishes ceases at the same time.

hanleyfender
Tuning in
Message 48 of 52
Flag for a moderator

My spam seems to have dried up? have Virgin finally sorted this out?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 49 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wendolene,

Sorry to hear this - what error messages have you been receiving when trying to set up a new email account?  Have you tried using a new browser or clearing your cache and cookies?

thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
chrisardy
Dialled in
Message 50 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Why does't Virgin Media make a statement about the Norton/McAfee Sam email problem? They have obviously done something about it.

0 Kudos