Menu
andyharley
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My Outgoing Emails Are Being Blocked For "SPAM Content"

i have now tried FOUR times today to send an email to a friend in Washington DC. Each time I have tried I get this message from "System Administrator":

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    RE: Book for you ...

Sent: 02/07/2020 19:57

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'[name redacted]' on 02/07/2020 19:57

552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) r4O5jvBxj54dLr4O5jAb4c

Never experienced this in 25 years of being with what is now Virgin Media (United Artists Cable when I first signed-up in 1995). What am I doing wrong? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Outgoing Emails Are Being Blocked For "SPAM Content"

Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours. Should the problem persist then post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SteveS52
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have this exact same problem, since Wednesday (1 July 2020), so that's well over the 24 hours by which this should have resolved itself. Still doing it now (3 July 2020) when I try to send to a specific address:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     RE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent:  01/07/2020 12:36

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'xxxxxxxxxx' on 01/07/2020 12:36

552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) qb2Rjvnd09u2Uqb2RjAwny

0 Kudos
andyharley
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It has now been well over 24 hours since I originally had the problem. Cannot even get help on the telephone from Virgin Media as they are very busy.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello

In the community forums can take a couple of days for a VM staff members to answer, I have already escalated this for you to the VM forum team.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@andyharley wrote:

It has now been well over 24 hours since I originally had the problem. Cannot even get help on the telephone from Virgin Media as they are very busy.

Issue has been flagged to the forum team to correlate the unique reference (r4O5jvBxj54dLr4O5jAb4c) shown in the Spam Content error message with the email team to determine the exact cause; be aware it may take the forum team a few hours / days to work through to your post.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyharley, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry your emails are not working as they should!

So I want to try some things within your account in order to resolve this. 

First I'll re-enable your mailbox to see if this resets your email. 

If this does not work I will either send an IT ticket off to get the team to have a closer look, OR, I will fill in a form to unlock your email. 

We'll work together to get to the bottom of this for you. But first before I can do all of that, can you perform a virus scan on all your devices that you have used your email on please? (Phone, laptop, PC)

After you've done that let me know so I can send you a PM and get started!

Thanks,

Megan_L

andyharley
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Don't think you understand. It is ONE email to one person that I have been trying to send - FIVE futile attempts. All the other emails I have send in the last couple of days have gone through successfully - including a couple to the same recipient as the ones marked "SPAM Content".

The irony is that an hour ago I spoke to someone clever in internet things and his first question was if there was a url in the message. There was - to a department of the British Library. Suggested that I remove the url and send again. Eureka! It ceased to be SPAM.

Does this mean that Virgin Media customers should refrain from including a url in an email, or just the url to the Living Knowledge Network of the British Library (full url https://www.living-knowledge-network.co.uk/library/michael-cashman-in-conversation-presented-by-ian-...)?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyharley, 

Thanks for updating us about this, I am glad you managed to get to the bottom of this. 

If you need anything else please let us know on a new thread.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
andyharley
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

But my question in the final paragraph was not answered. Why was including a url to a page on the British Library's Living Knowledge Network in one email addressed to one recipient deemed to be SPAM by Virgin Media SPAM filters? This need to be answered frankly - and with zero 'spin'.

0 Kudos