cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My NTL email has been hacked and i can't reset the password I am a current virgin customer

Portable1234
Just browsing

Hi all.

I have a ntlworld.com email and am a current Virgin customer.

It has been hacked and I can't use the password reset on the myvirgin page. When i enter my email on the forgot password page it says "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media."

I assume from reading others posts that NTL world emails have limited functionality and support vs newer @virginmedia.com emails but as I am still a Virgin customer I am hoping support can help?

Can you please help me change my password and secure my account?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Portable1234 wrote:

I assume from reading others posts that NTL world emails have limited functionality and support vs newer @virginmedia.com emails

No, @ntlworld.com email accounts have exactly the same functionality as @VirginMedia.com accounts.

As you are still a Virginmedia customer will still support your Ntlworld account.

"I can't use the password reset on the myvirgin page.  When i enter my email on the forgot password page it says      "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media." ." 

The Forgotten password route is not the best way to reset the password.. But just to clarify, all VM email accounts now have their own My Virgin Media account so when you get that prompt it's actually asking you to enter the email address of the account you are trying to reset.

Rather than using the forgotten password link, the best approach is to sign directly into the MVM account for that Ntlworld address. Enter the Ntlworld address here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media and then enter the current password when prompted.

Then click on the "Account settings" tab, then the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

Unfortunately, VM now insists that you have to use a non VM email address as the Username to access your VM email account so you will then be taken through that process. Once you have specified the non VM email account to use with that Ntlworld address, VM will send a verification email to that non VM account.

VM say they have made that change to improve the security of VM email accounts.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks