cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to an area Virgin don't cover. Virgin don't transfer email addresses. How do I save and access my

Gillian42
Just joined

I'm moving to an area Virgin don't cover. Virgin don't transfer email addresses. How do I save and access my old emails for when my virgin email address is closed down.

2 REPLIES 2

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Once you email account is closed down I am afraid that you will not be able to access them, they will all be deleted 90 days after your contract ends, it is now time to find another email provider and transfer what emails you want to keep.

Have a look at this post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/How-to-save-VM-emails-to-hard-drive/m-p/4720508

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue with webmail's Save as file option is that of selecting the emails to save; there is no easy method to select all emails in a folder and even when you do it will not include the content of subfolders.

Consider using MailStore – Email Archiving Solutions (private user version is free) or similar package to backup and read emails; please make sure to test whichever solution  you choose is suitable for your needs.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks