Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home. Want to move my email addresses.

Tuning in


I have not tried calling as this seems to be the best place to solve my question.

I am moving home in just under a fortnight. I am moving to a house that already has Virgin broadband (my wife's house, though her account is under her maiden name.)

She uses no virgin email addresses and I use quite a few. 

How do I cancel my account and can I get my email addresses moved to her account? 

Also she still has the Version 2 hub and I have the version 3. Can I move that?

Please note I am selling my house so I do not want my emails messed with at the moment because I am worried that I may miss important communications.

Many thanks.



Alessandro Volta

You cannot move your email addresses to a different person's account.

And those email accounts will be closed by Virginmedia 90 days after you close your broadband account. 

What a pain.

So can  we close my wife's  account  and move my account to her house which will also be  my new house? Will that work? Note both of us are no longer under contract.


Alessandro Volta

If you open a new account at the new address it may be possible to transfer your email,  but if your existing account is already closed this may make it more difficult.  I suggest you wait for a forum staff member to pick this up and advise. 

Thanks. I haven't closed my account as yet.

I have been looking at alternatives and BT infinity is available in my new house for more speed and lower cost. If I  have to change my email addresses I might just bite the bullet and change provider as well. Been with Virgin over a decade, so many accounts to change my email on....groan.

Alessandro Volta

You are fortunate to have that alternative. Some of us are still waiting for a choice. 

Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @duzzyfu

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of your concerns with your email when moving to your new property. You can move and transfer your services to your new address if you like, this would also include your email. For this to be actioned, your wife's services would need to be disconnected, This would mean giving a 30 day cancellation notice for your wife's address and you advising the mover's team of your home move and your wish to transfer services. The movers team would also need a 30 day notice of your move so we have enough time to process this at our side. You can speak to our movers team here. 

Alternatively, if you wanted to give your 30 day cancellation notice on your own services, then you can speak to us by these following methods. This includes; calling us on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other number and sending a written request to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Alternatively, you can WhatsApp our support team on 07305 327 112. Please bear in mind the response will not be instant, but our team will get back to you

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent