Menu
MSH1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving email accounts to a new virgin account

Hi, we have moved home and rightly or wrongly got a better deal on the new house by closing the old account in my name and opening it in my wife's. I would like to know whether we can migrate all the email addresses from the old account to the new? from what I can see it is straight forward if I am the named account holder but not sure if I am not and she is. Anyone able to offer advise as there seems to be conflicting stories on here?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving email accounts to a new virgin account

Previous staff replies to a similar query have said it isn't possible to do a 'move and transfer' in these circumstances.  The VM Staff should be able to give a definitive answer when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there MSH1974 and thanks for tweeting. Different member's accounts are different and it's not always the case where we can migrate the online details from one account to another. If the old account name is different to the new account name for example, we may not be able to do it for security. We can try but it's not guaranteed and we'll need your wife to pass security with us and consent to it also. Will she be willing to do this?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
MSH1974
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am sure she well be happy to give consent, would it be worth me changing the account holders name to mine, I know there is a charge for this but if that would make it easier.

Its more the two old blueyonder.co.uk emails I am concerned about. I have a couple of @virginmedia.com ones but I guess that if they are deleted I might be able to just use the email address again on the new acount

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey MSH1974,

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can take some details so I can have a nosey and see if it's possible. Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the details via Private Message @MSH1974 . After receiving consent from your wife, I've tried to migrate the online details from your old account to the new one and it should take 24 hours to complete. To confirm, any emails on the new account will be wiped for the old details to replace it and please pop back on here if there are any problems after 24 hours.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
MSH1974
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Perfect, I'll keep you updated

0 Kudos