Menu
Sthomson07
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Moving Email Address

I've got an account from a few years ago I'd like to move the email address from onto my current account. Just signed back up recently. I'm the account holder for both of the accounts so can verify any security you need.

Thought I'd save time and a call, can it be done via here?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving Email Address

As you are the account holder on both accounts it may be possible as long as the original email address hasn't been deleted from the VM systems.

The VM Forum Team should be able to advise further, but it will be around a week before they reach this thread.

I should add that the process wipes out any email addresses on the new account and replaces the login details with those from the former account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sthomson07
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I'm the account holder on both accounts. Pretty sure it still exists probably should have also mentioned I used to work for them going back a few years so I'm mostly clued up on the process unless it's changed. They did used to keep the accounts around forever so heres hoping it still exists. I'm fine to wait the week been so busy recently don't have the time to call. Cheers for the helpful reply though. 

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

they don't keep the accounts around forever.
That would now breach the GDPR rules

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sthomson07
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

True completely forgot that came in. Currently can't claim my old address though so hoping I can still recover it. Not fussed on any missed emails or if any of my old mails exist. Just want the address back at present. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sthomson07, thanks for the message. We will take a look at this for you to see if anything can be done and will send over a private message. Chris 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sthomson07, thanks for the PM, we are glad that you were able to get this resolved and let us know if you need anything further - Chris

Sthomson07
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Email Move Broke My Account

I'd ring but given the times and the likelyhood of centres being closed and wait times this might be quicker.

Chris sorted out moving my email address from my old account last week, unfortunately the side affect seems to be it's broken my account these things happen though.

Any chance someone from the forum team can raise a ticket with IT to have whatevers broken with my account on the backend fixed so I can continue using the old email address that was moved over. 

I tried ringing but was advised to reregister my account which unfortunately won't fix this issue.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email Move Broke My Account

when you move an account it moves the WHOLE account, not just the email.
are you using the login from the old account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Sthomson07
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Move Broke My Account

Yeah it's definetly not that. Can't reset password as username doesn't exist, can't check username as it leads to a something went wrong page the moves definetly borked my account.

Used to work in Swansea till the centre got canned, used to deal with this stuff on a daily basis, although I'd imagine some of the systems and methods of moving may have changed since I worked there I'd imagine the same problems that cropped up then still happen now. 

0 Kudos