Menu
ALGreenwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving Email Address to another Account

I currently have a Virginmedia that has been active since September 2020 however my @virginmedia.com email address is currently in use as the main email address for my Sister's account that she is trying to cease.

It looks like email accounts are removed after 90 days, but I still use this as my main email address so I would like it moving to my account. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving Email Address to another Account

Unfortunately a single email address cannot be moved from one account to another.

In certain circumstances the entire body of email addresses can be move from an account that is being closed to another account but generally these have to be in the same account name.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ALGreenwood
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So my next question is, if the close it after 90 days. Can I re-create it on my own account on the 91st day - essentially still keeping the same email address. (i know historic emails will be lost)

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, once a virginmedia email address (including blueyonder, ntlworld and virgin.net) is deleted from the VM systems it cannot be created again by anyone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ALGreenwood wrote:

So my next question is, if the close it after 90 days. Can I re-create it on my own account on the 91st day - essentially still keeping the same email address. (i know historic emails will be lost)

No; the risk to privacy and security would be too high.

Take the opportunity forced on you to migrate your email needs over to an email service with:

• security that is equal to or greater than the services it will be used with or help secure, i.e. multi-factor authentication, one time password, app specific password, etc
  • provides better spam filtering

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos