cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile not receiving emails

Kwinty
Joining in

Mobile has stopped receiving emails.   OK on PC.  Can send emails.   I tried logging in etc but get "3rd party error"   is this due to O2 transition?

24 REPLIES 24

First thing I did was to log into my Virgin Account and check that it was working OK.   I sent myself an email.  also got hubby to send me an email.   I replied to both etc etc.    Its just that my mobile doesnt sync my emails.

Thanks for confirming.

Can you please simply try removing the E-Mail account from Outlook and then reinstating it to the application to see if this then sync's to the latest information within your E-Mail inbox?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Will do this later this morning.   I'm beginning to lose faith with Virgin.     I lost over a week without being able to access my emails, then the internet went down.   Its becoming very unreliable. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused by the issues kwinty. 

Please do let us know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Nat

maurice_48
Tuning in

Hi

Your are not the only one, I have a Samsung M22 and it just stopped syncing my ntlworld account on the 1st/2nd August, using the gmail app. On the same phone outlook is working ok, on the web, virginmedia is ok. Tried removing the account and adding it no effect, sent test messages out ok. NOT changed anything on the phone or with the account.

Assuming that the virgin techs are probably not aware of the issue or its too specific for them to even get involved. Have replaced the gmail app with outlook app, now just need to add my gmail account to the outlook app and I'm ok, but that doesn't seem easy.

Hi @maurice_48 thanks for your post, sorry you're still encountering issues.

Can you please try the steps advised here as this has helped a lot of customers out in your position?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Kwinty
Joining in

As advised I deleted my Outlook account from my Samsung 21 mobile. and then went through hoops to reinstall.    When I tried to link the accounts i get  Third-party email service error.    Plus I have also now lost all my emails sent to kathy.thewintys@ntlworld.com off my mobile.     

Hi @Kwinty thanks for your reply here.

Are you able to please follow the steps provided in the link I gave in my previous response to see if this helps? Please follow the steps exactly, it has been known to resolve this longstanding issue for a lot of users.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Kwinty
Joining in

This is getting really annoying.    It should just be a simple case of adding an account.    Can Virgin do something about it.  I am jumping through hoops here and probably messing up my phone.

Hi @Kwinty thanks for your reply.

Can you please try the steps as advised in the previous thread, it is a breakdown of how to get this working for you?

Unfortunately, we can't intervene in this process as we're unable to add Outlook to our personal devices with your email address for security purposes sadly.

Many thanks

Tom_W