cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Email no longer working

Phil76
Tuning in

Has veirgin changed the setting or something as today my mobile app no longer works?

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have recently changed your VM Mail password you need to set up an app password for third party email access.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Phil76 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

The fantastic Graham_A has advised you correctly.  Have you had the opportunity to test?  Please do let us know how things are going?

Regards

Lee_R

I ran a test and it seems to say OK, but till won't accept any of the setting to creat my email in outlook.  It stoped working on Thursday 

Where is Myvm if I need to change settings? Cheers

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Phil76 

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/home

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Have changed the password, still comes up with error on mobile app... there is something wrong somewhere with it!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Phil76  Having changed the VM email password have you also followed the second part of the instructions to create an app password?  You will need to use this app password to access the email account via a third party app on your mobile.

I have now found the seperate password you have to use for outlook app for my email mobile... "Generate new app password" in virgin email account

It's obviously a new system that virgin didn't tell users and even the virgin help desk don't know about it on the phone 🙂

All works now