cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing sent items

kjh31
Joining in

I noticed yesterday but it could have been an issue for longer that my sent items only go back to 25 Feb 2022!! I need to retrieve sent emails from last year - how do I get these back?

How do I change settings so it keeps everything?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If email client uses:

• POP3 then sent email will be stored locally on device
  • IMAP then sent email can be stored either locally or synchronised to server; most likely the latter
    FYI: Webmail is an IMAP client

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks... its webmail! So any ideas how I retrieve those synchronised to the server?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Emails sent from within webmail appear in your Sent objects folder. To troubleshoot the issue can you:

1. send an email to yourself and confirm its retention in your Sent objects folder

1. select ≡ > Settings > ▸ Email > Change IMAP subscriptions
  2. select until all folders views are expanded
  3. confirm all folder are selected ()
  4. select Save
  5. select Email located top left and then Ctrl + Shift + R if Spam folders are not shown
  6. review content of any folders selected in step 3 for missing sent emails

Hi kjh31,

A warm welcome and thank for posting on our community forums. How frustrating for you not to be able to see your sent emails before the 25th of February this year.

As our valued member @用心棒 has given some great advice, have you managed to follow the instructions to see if this resolved the issue?

We're you able to go back further than the 25th of February?

Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi.  

Hi Jodi,

I followed those steps kindly provided but it didn't work and still can't see sent emails later than 25th February!

If you can help that would be great!

Thanks,

Kay

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kjh31

Thanks for the reply

I'm going to drop you a private message to confirm some details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs