Menu
Piggy121
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Missing emails

I can't find my previous emails they was there but I get new emails?

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing emails

@Piggy121 wrote:

I can't find my previous emails they was there but I get new emails?

Difficult to answer that question, mainly because I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

If it is "can Virgin Media restore them?" then unfortunately the answer is no. VM do not keep backups and their Terms and Conditions do specify that it is the customer's responsibility to back up back up their emails.

If it is "what's happened to them?", well it is unlikely VM have deleted them. VM do delete a complete email account if the account is no longer linked to a live broadband account and they do periodically delete the contents of the spam and trash folders. They also have been known to block incoming emails from certain senders but you are still receiving emails so that is not an issue. In the 5 or 6 years I have been posting on here I cannot remember a case where VM deleted emails from an account.

Do you always manage your emails via the VM Webmail Service on the VM website or do you also use an email app on your phone or another device? If you do use an email app, have you checked whether the emails are still in your Webmail account? Sign in to that from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and check out whether those emails are in your trash folder.

If you use an email app, the most likely reason why the emails have disappeared is that you inadvertently deleted all emails in your Inbox on your phone, perhaps when you meant to delete just one one. It is surprisingly easy to do that without realising it. If the app is using the IMAP protocol it will then dutifully delete all those emails in your Webmail account because it is specifically designed to keep the contents of your email account Webmail and email app in sync.

Your post reads as if it is all your emails that have gone missing but if it is just some you could check the Sort order as in the image below. Ensure that "Date" and "Descending" are ticked to make sure the emails appear in date order with the newest first.

sort order.png

Also, if it is a complete folder that has gone missing, check the list of folders to see if any have  a  ">" symbol against them. Click on the symbol to show any hidden folders which may have been inadvertently moved into that folder.

That's gives you a few ideas. I hope you find it useful.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing emails

Hi @Piggy121,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Would you mind elaborating and clarifying what your email query is, please? We can then proceed from there in getting matters addressed and resolved ASAP for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos