Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Missing emails

Hi,

I have an ntlworld.com email address and I receive emails through Virgin Media. I have had no issue sending/receiving emails in the 15 or so years I have been with Virgin. However, this has since changed with the issue of recently not receiving important emails. 

I have been charged by a solicitor for two emails that I did not receive. I did not accidentally delete/move them, they are not in my spam folder and there are no blocks/restrictions against the solicitors email address. I have since received emails from said solicitor's email address without any problem. After I raised the issue with the solicitor and they forwarded the sent emails to me (received ok!), it does look like they were sent to my email address. So what happened? Why did I not receive them?

Is there any way I can check the authenticity of the forwarded emails that show the solicitor did actually send them? Or, if I provide the dates/times the original emails were supposedly sent, can they be checked against what actually came into my account? I don't want to be charged for emails I did not receive, and I don't completely trust the solicitor so I would really like to find out what happened here.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing emails

@Folklore wrote:

I have been charged by a solicitor for two emails that I did not receive. I did not accidentally delete/move them, they are not in my spam folder and there are no blocks/restrictions against the solicitors email address. I have since received emails from said solicitor's email address without any problem. After I raised the issue with the solicitor and they forwarded the sent emails to me (received ok!), it does look like they were sent to my email address. So what happened? Why did I not receive them?

Your solicitor's email service provider and Virgin Media would need to correlate their SMTP server logs to determine events / cause

Is there any way I can check the authenticity of the forwarded emails that show the solicitor did actually send them?

Yes, if:

• cryptographically signed 
  • forwarded copies were of cc or bcc emails sent to you, i.e. solicitor copied themselves in 

No, otherwise.

Metadata contained in attachments maybe of some (limited) use in determining timeline.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos