Menu
dg6
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missing emails in "Sent objects" folder

Hello, hoping someone can help me out with this (I've had a look through the forum already, found some similar queries and followed the advice regarding IMAP subscription settings).

When I checked my "Sent objects" folder on my iPhone this morning (I use the Mail app) I noticed everything in it more than a week old had disappeared. At first I thought this was just an issue with the app pulling emails through, but when I double checked by logging in on the Virgin site it was the same. I've checked the other Sent folders which store older emails but not found them in there either. I've gone through every other folder and checked the IMAP settings to include every available option but not found anything anywhere. No other folders seem to have been effected, and my settings look fine as well. I've changed my password out of an abundance of caution.

Is there any option I could've missed here, or somewhere they could be hiding?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing emails in "Sent objects" folder

Hi @dg6

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your emails that is very strange, but we can certainly help with this. 

This actually did happen to me a while back, but I was somehow able to recover them, so let's hope I can do the same for you. 

Just to double check, have you tried logging into your mail on an actual laptop or another device rather than a phone just to check if it's there? 

Have you also logged out, reset your password then logged back in again? 

I know this sounds obvious, but have you checked your trash and spam, as depending on the device you are using, I found that some of my mail was actually in my trash, which I then moved back into my sent folder. 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dg6
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha.

Yes, I’ve tried logging in via the Virgin site on a laptop and it was the same there. I’ve changed my password and checked all the folders to no avail. Going through the settings there were no unusual filters either.

The only thing I changed yesterday was in the advanced settings for the account in the iPhone Mail app. It had been set to clear deleted items after a week, which I’ve now set to “Never”. Although why that would have taken effect on my Sent Objects folder I don’t know.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How very strange, 

I will pop you over a PM so we can get this looked into more and get some details. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your page as this will take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos