Menu
chiefcopywriter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Missing a day's worth of emails

Hi. I received no emails at all between 19.30pm on 4/6/20 and 17.00pm on 5/6/20 (highly unusual!) yet I later found out that several had actually been sent to me by friends during that period. Luckily I have been sent copies of those, but have no idea where the originals are, or how many others were sent and not received. Before anyone asks...yes I have checked all spam/junk folders in Outlook and on the Virgin webmail server and my friends did NOT receive bouncebacks to the emails they sent! Am mystified ...and concerned about any potentially important messages that may have gone missing. This has not happened to me before (as far as I know!)

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing a day's worth of emails

Read what I said here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/not-received-emails/td-p/4280735

You shouldn't have lost mail. Once the situation is resolved they should appear from the mail queue.

Add - I now see it is showing as a national fault in service status as of 11 am this morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
chiefcopywriter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you....I wonder whether the missing emails will ever reappear?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Maybe, maybe not, depends what the fault was and how it affected the queue. But usually mail systems just queue mail that can't be delivered to mailboxes, until the bottleneck is released.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

chiefcopywriter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My email seems to be working now but no sign of all my missing emails. From the email trails from friends, I know I've lost several that were sent on Friday...and they are definitely not caught up in any spam or junk mail filters. Like others, I've cleared down thousands of old emails from the server, but to be honest, I'm not even sure my issue was the same as others...the senders of my emails did not get bouncebacks and at no time was I warned that I had breached any capacity limits!

0 Kudos