Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Missing Email

For several days I've been trying to register for a 'Click and Drop' account with Royal Mail but the activation e-mails they send don't get through, not even into my spam folder.  Some are automated but others are ones where they've replied to e-mails I've sent them direct.  The e-mail address is correct, I've tried too often to get it wrong every time, plus of course when they do 'reply to' it must be correct.

I could understand if they ended up in the spam folder but I don't understand why they're disappearing into a black hole!  It also makes me wonder what other e-mails I may not be getting, ones that I don't know have even been sent.  The usual very obvious spam gets through to the spam folder, why not something from Royal Mail? 

Could someone please advise how I can get this resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Email

Sign into webmail, do you see any unexpected filter rules under , Settings, ▸ Emails, Filter Rules?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  I've checked the filter rules but there's nothing unexpected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The forum team (@ModTeam )are best placed to look at this further however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to work through to your post; to assist them it would be useful if Royal Mail could provide you with relevant server log entries showing the exchange of message(s).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Tigger137 and sorry to hear you're having some trouble receiving emails from Royal Mail. 

I understand that you say the email address they're contacting you on is correct, may I ask if this was confirmed with them, spelling the email address out to ensure there were not misspellings? 

Can we please confirm if you're having this trouble through the web-mail or through a client (Outlook, Gmail, Apple Mail)? If through a client, could you please log in through web-mail and let us know if you can locate these emails here?

Could we also confirm if you can see any specific spam filtering through the mailbox management area of your online account? We just need to confirm the address they're contacting you from isn't listed as a blocked address.

If you could please check on these and let us know so we can investigate further if needed.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos