cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 2 out of 3 ntlworld email accounts since recent vm email outage fiasco.

Endinsight
Joining in

Since the email fiasco of a week ago I can no longer access 2 of our 3 ntlworld email accounts, nor are we getting anywhere with VM when trying to resolve the problem. They trying to make out the problem is my doing.

Now one of the missing accounts is extremely important as it is my wife's and she receives all her hospital appointments and a host of other important mail through it.

The accounts appear to still be there but when opening the VM email client it comes up with this message for the two missing ones. "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."

Now we have made no changes to these accounts at all and the problem started immediately after the VM email outage.

Looking for suggestions as how to get this sorted.

7 REPLIES 7

djben9
Tuning in

I can see my main ntlworld account on webmail, but none of my other VM ones or wife’s ntlworld are working with an error 

oddly they all downloaded emails on all accounts over the weekend when I used outlook on the PC, which was a little relief!

I just can’t see them on webmail with the same error you have posted which is frustrating as I can’t access important football emails, 

VM post the same response on Twitter, I dont think they have any idea, so like you would love an update 

Porker
Tuning in

I'm having exactly the same issue.

Bravo virgin.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Endinsight,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account since the recent emails problems, would you be able to try changing your email IMAP information from imap.virginmedia.com to imap.ntlworld.com on the affected accounts and let us know if that has made any difference to your email issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

helenfinn1
Joining in

Hi 

I am also having the same issue - NTL World account number 1 is fine but account number 2 is not working online but strangely can still be accessed on a phone.
I have tried changing the IMAP details but this has not worked.   Please can someone help?

Hi there @helenfinn1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened, can I just confirm have you been able to try resetting the password for the secondary account at all? 

Hi Ashleigh - yes I have tried to reset the password but get this message below..

You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account. To reset your password, please contact us and one of our team will help you.

Thank you for popping back to me @helenfinn1 and I am so sorry to hear that this has not been able to resolve this. 

I'll be more than happy to look into this a bit further with you via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.