Menu
jimmymerlin
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Microsoft outlook problem

As I did not know better, I tried to send a ukulele video to my club members, but it did not send as the file was too large. Now, at the bottom of my outlook page i have a send/error message that will not go away, plus when i click on the send / receive button , it shows that my "sending" message is just always processing, it will not go to " Completed". I've looked for help on line, but nothing i have tried works, I have also tried phoning virgin media, but because of the pandemic , it seems they have limited staff on duty and hence can't get through. Can anyone provide me with simple step by step instructions how i can solve this problem, with the emphasise on simple , as i am not very good with computers !!!! Many thanks Jimmy 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Microsoft outlook problem

If you look in the Outbox folder in Microsoft Outlook do you see the email you were trying to send?  If so delete it and see if that restores normal access.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jimmymerlin
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

For some unexplained reason , I do not have an "outbox" on display in my list of options and hence cannot do what you suggest. Any ideas why my "Outbox" is missing and how can i put it back in ??????

Cheers

Jimmy

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Which version of Outlook are you using and on what device / operating system?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jimmymerlin
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have outlook 2016 and Windows 10 .................. is that what you asked for ?

Thanks

Jimmy

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

See if the following post over on Microsoft's forum is of help, Where is the Outbox in Outlook 2010?

jimmymerlin
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

I've done the control 6 bit and found the outbox with the message that could not be sent stuck in there, so Ive deleted it and everything seems to be working fine now.............thank you so much, but before you go, how do i get the "normal" view back to outlook , the view i had before doing the control 6 ????? Finally, will it be possible to keep the "OUTBOX" icon in my list when i return to the normal view ???? As I am sure i will need to use it again one day ! Look forward to hearing from you. Many Thanks Jimmy 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jimmymerlin wrote:
how do i get the "normal" view back to outlook , the view i had before doing the control 6 ?????

Ctrl 1 takes you back to the Mail View which I assume is what you were seeing originally.

Finally, will it be possible to keep the "OUTBOX" icon in my list when i return to the normal view ????
I cannot say because I don't know why you could not see the Outbox before. I have never experienced that. Sorry 🤔

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
jimmymerlin
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Excellent..... normal viewing has been resumed AND my outbox icon is now visible . Thank you so much for your help...... you're a star ! Keep safe. Cheers Jimmy