cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Verification Emails

Mithmano1
Tuning in

I have been locked out of my PC and Microsoft require me to verify my account using a code that is sent to my Virgin email. I am not receiving these emails immediately (they either don’t arrive at all or arrive 12 hours later). 

I need to access my PC urgently so I would appreciate help with this. Why are the emails from Microsoft not turning up into my inbox?

Just to be clear: they are not going into my spam/junk folder, the email address is spelled correctly on Microsoft’s end and I am able to receive emails from other senders. 

I’ve noticed others saying this…. How am I meant to resolve this problem??

14 REPLIES 14

NiteSurfer
Tuning in

You are not alone, Same thing here.  Microsoft even locked me out, because I requested too many codes. 

Spam folder EMPTY. Fortunately I keep a txt file with all password on a USB. But I only managed to get the pass from that after

Having to use windows bootable media to get me into DOS mode and then typing notepad.exe. This then allowed me to use all drives (including USB attached) to open the txt file (which had my passwords on it) without loading into windows 10.

However obviously the issue it still there. I can't request Microsoft to make ANY changes now, as they require me to give them a Code which is sent to my e-mail address, Which isn't getting them. Hopefully others are reading this as well

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mithmano1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having in getting emails from Microsoft. 

Can you confirm what type of email address this is? i.e .net, etc (Please do not provide your full email address)

^Martin

My E-Mail ends with @virginmedia.com. Two of five reset codes came through from Microsoft eventually before they locked me out, but over 6-12hrs later. The codes expired long before I get them.

Hi there,

it is an @blueyonder.co.uk email address. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated on this. Just to confirm, are you using an email client, and if so - does the same delay occur when using webmail directly? https://mail.virginmedia.com

Tom

An interesting idea. Maybe pop protocols to blame?.  I never use webmail. As it's too clumsy to setup on my iPhone.  

I will take a look. Thanks

Yes this delay happens on both. 

via imap on my iPad and also using the Virgin media webmail. 

Good Morning @Mithmano1, can you please confirm if the desired E-Mail has since arrived to your inbox?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sorry, Should I start my own identical thread.