cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Outlook & @ntl.com email.

ACDO
Joining in

I had to re-install windows10, then downloaded the free version of Microsoft outlook, input all requested details to set up my email to no avail !

I have now lost all third party app access to email on PC, iPad and android phone, Virgin Media Techs cannot help as they are only trained to deal with V M we’d accounts.

Has any one else experiences this or has any solution to remedy this please ?

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ACDO You may need to generate and use the newly introduced mail app password to get the email working again in Outlook even though you haven't mentioned changing the My VM password.

Before doing so can you confirm that you can still access the email address concerned via VM webmail at https://mail.virginmedia.com/ ?

Steps to generate an app password:

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham, yes I can get email via the Virgin media page, I have also regenerated and used the new password for client email access but to no avail, it is almost as if outlook corrupted something, what I do not understand is why I have the loss on other platforms ?