Menu
Looney_Magnet
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Method Not Allowed

Keep getting the above message when trying to access webmail. Can anyone shed any light on this? Worked fine yesterday.

method.PNG

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Method Not Allowed

Yes I can. VM have changed their log-in procedures for mail and for My Virgin Media as preparatory work for further changes later in the year.  It is a matter of fact that this change has not been publicised in advance, hence your surprise this morning. I shouldn't be surprised if we get a flood of queries like this today and over the next few days.

You will have to change the way you log in and the bookmark you use.  Use the e-mail link at the top of this page and bookmark the resulting URL. That works. I did it this morning and it was fine. 

@ModTeam  - the first of many. A sticky would be useful.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This morning, I had a new look sign-in screen on Chrome and Firefox, the URL looks different (from clicking email at the top of the community screen).  But there was no problem or error message.  What browser are you using - what URL?  You might try clearing the browser cache and cookies, or try a different browser.  Let us know if that helps or not, we'll try other ideas.

new sign on 2020.PNG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ah - HowardML beat me to it (AND he knows the answer, while mine was just a guess).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Kudos
Looney_Magnet
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I'm using Chrome on a desktop, logging in from a bookmark. That would explain it. It seems to work fine on my phone but looks different. Thanks for the help.

cissyw
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I had the same problem and had to do the same as you and it worked okay.
0 Kudos
macca6662001
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

sorry, i'm confused.
when you say 'Use the e-mail link at the top of this page' - which link are you referring to? I can't see anything?

Thanks
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why are you confused? Go to the very top of this and every other VM web page and you will see a line starting with "Entertain me". Keep reading that line and on the right hand side of the page at the end of the line you'll see the words "Email". That is the link to click on. If you are using a mobile you may find that the page is displayed differently but the link is still there.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

For clarification - if looking at the Community pages via the mobile/small screen view there is a link at the top of the screen to "Go to Virginmedia.com".  Clicking this takes you to the main virgin media pages where the email link can be found along with all the other links you get on the main page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more