Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Media apps

Is it possible to get a Virgin e-mail app for my Windows 10 PC? I have the app on my iPad and Android phone and it would be useful if I could coordinate the three without having to sign in to my VM Media account every time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Media apps

No - there is no specific app for VM mail anywhere. But on your PC you can use the Windows Mail app (at your peril).

Guidance here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-update-settings-in-windows-10

All your apps should be set to use IMAP if you want them coordinated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Alternatives too the Windows 10 mails app are Outlook have to pay for it and also Thunderbird which is free.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

I’m a “techy dumbo”  I’m afraid!

If I were to use Windows Mail (I was previously on Windows Live Mail which no longer works) do you know if that will automatically coordinate with my e-mail info which I also pick up on my iPad and Android. It’s a pain having to delete e-mails on the iPad and then have to go through the same process on the PC. Because WLM no longer works I have recently been switched over to EcMail on the PC which I don’t like very much.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I gave you the answer to this in my post. You need to make sure that each of the apps you use uses IMAP settings to pick up mail. The Windows 10 app would default to using IMAP. I linked you to the settings and the set up procedure as well. IMAP ensures that what you do on one device is reflected on all the others.