Menu
Codfisherperson
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

McAfee and Norton Spam emails

I have had these two emails numerous times already.They have all been forwarded to Virgin Media phishing.

To date Virgin Media has done absolutely nothing about them. I am considering leaving Virgin. Its about time they had this sorted.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: McAfee and Norton Spam emails

See if the filter rule detailed here Re: I want spam is of any help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
timbo42
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just want the damned Spam filter to actually detect Spam! And NOT put non-spam e-mails in the Spam folder! Useless piece of ****

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi timbo42,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving a few spam emails recently and for our delayed response.

I appreciate it they can be frustrating when they keep coming through to your inbox incorrectly, but our community members are only trying to help and provide a resolution.

Please let us know if you've tried setting up a filter rule, or if you need anything else from here.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Codfisherperson
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apple iMacs do not have a spam folder. I DON'T want a spam folder just VIRGIN MEDIA do do something about it. Why do I still get BLOCKED e-mails being sent to me.

0 Kudos
boothy99
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Codfisherperson,

Unfortunately, the Virgin spam filter is nothing short of slow, and won't change any time soon.

If you take 5 minutes out and set up a filter - with the one mentioned by 用心棒, or try the one I set up (below). Your inbox should become pretty much spam-free.

You need to login to Virgin Web Mail on any web browser to set up a filter (not on an iMac email program) ..... https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

SINGLE MULTI-SPAM FILTER....
BIG kudos to 用心棒 in the help given setting this up in the first place ....

Open a web browser & login to Virgin Web mail - https://mail2.virginmedia.com/
Top right of the page.....

Go to the 3-lines menu icon (top right of the page) /
Click menu icon  / 
Click Settings / 
Click Email menu (on left side of the page) / 
Click Filter Rules / 
Click Add New Rule box (top right of the page)

Now, type in a name for the filter - whatever you wish, just so you recognise it -
(mine is "MULTIPLE Spam - FROM-REGEX (orange)", ...

Click  "Add Condition" choose "From" .....
Now click on "Contains" & change it to "Regex"

Now highlightcopy then paste the following collection of spam filters, just below (In the box below the word Regex).

dpdukdomain.co.uk|zIYDmc792tzLa2DBP7|81.cn|audise.com|@tsongbrio|bwhhealth|@adhamdannaway|@allwording|@kuslarinselami|@giantlottos|snd.115promo|@haob.eupedesker|@ubi.com|@naturetoday.com|@e.ea.com|@tmstor.es|@bbox.fr|news.tulipsmail.eu|umberd.com|tvlicensing.co.uk.g|hargray.com|dealbistro.co.uk|hkjhkhj@|webmail.bell.ca|basogho.onthewifi|@giorgioss.com|@mail.com|bropuld.com|@viewdns|@razzball|@energysystem|@mthai.com|@zulu|@mightynetworks.com|@welshrugby.wales|@info.dealmates|@em.cowshed.com|@email.startribune.com|@moma.org|from@amazonaws.com|@openface.ca|@therdancer|from@telegram.org|onlineapplylearn|chatbot4u|cartimex|extremegb|@NextEmail.co.uk|@e1.llbean.com|@leveltimeshort|@individualdedicated|headlines@trib|latimes|CustomerService@Munchies|admin@turnoutpac|TUT.com|goodhousekeeping@|TermLifeAlert@|CryptoLibra|learning@ionbeamservices.co.uk|TestersKeepers|@trib|FlexibleDigitalSolutions|@uaonlineshop.com|microsoftstore@micserv|itcoin|from@privateserverspoint|@info.deal-mates|@tactical-timepieces

Add your own as needed (now or later by editing the rule), but make sure to add the spacer bar in-between without any spaces...   |
Don't enter the entire email address. Only the parts that are constant / repeated.

Then ....

Click Add Action
Choose File Into
Click Select Folder
Choose Spam from the box that opens

Click Add Action (again)
Choose Set Colour Flag - so that on Virgin Webmail, you could see whether the filter sent your rubbish to the spam folder, or Virgin did it ( no colour flag).
Any colour will do.

IMPORTANT ....
Click "Save", and you should be done.

All or most of the spam-crud should be sent straight to your Spam folder, with the coloured flag of your choice showing alongside the crud if you view it on Virgin Webmail.
If sent to your Spam folder (rather than Bin) then Virgin's filtering system (MIGHT) eventually learn that it is what it is .... SPAM !!!

It should look like this .....

SmartSelect_20201215-094635_Brave.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos