cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing Emails

davehusband
Tuning in

How can I change my "Virgin media email address" which I've had since NTL days, and seems to be welded to my account ?    Emails from Virgin, like marketing email, are going to that old NTLWORLD email address, which I don't monitor, even though my   new address is set in "My profile".  

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davehusband wrote:

How can I change my "Virgin media email address" which I've had since NTL days, and seems to be welded to my account ?    Emails from Virgin, like marketing email, are going to that old NTLWORLD email address, which I don't monitor, even though my new address is set in "My profile".  

In your 'My Virgan Media Account" you can change the email address that VM use to contact you by clicking "Change" as indicated below and then following the prompts. VM will send a verification to your new address and once you have verified the account the change will be implemented. However there is  a "but......."😉

change VM contact address.pngThe "but" is that this may not be suitable for you because there is a limitation in the VM system that means you can only change that contact address to a non VM email account.

If your new email address is also a VM address then your best option would be to set an auto forward in your old NTL account.

Sign into your old Ntlworld account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and follow the steps below:

auto forward.png

You can auto forward to any email address you like but don't forget to tick the blue "Enable" box.

This might be a good option anyway in case people still send to your old VM address. If the auto forward starts to forward lots of spam emails you can always delete the auto forward and set up a filter rule (see the option immediately below 'Auto Forward') to only forward emails from Virgin Media to your new address.

I hope that helps.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply. I did use "Change" about a year ago to update my email address, but it didn't solve problem. You're suggestion of forwarding seems like a plan.