Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manage email From addresses

Thanks for all the responses.

I have one old blueyonder account with multiple aliases and one external imap account so have been trying out a few options.

When I use Settings/Email and scroll to the bottom of the page I can choose which of my blueyonder aliases is the default From address, but my imap account address doesn't appear on the dropdown list so I can't set that to the default From address. 

When I click on the blueyonder account inbox then hit Compose, the default From address matches what I selected above but I can change it to the external imap address using the dropdown From list.

When I click on the external imap account inbox then hit Compose, the external imap email address is used as the From address, but I can use the dropdown From list to change it to any of the blueyonder addresses.

So what I'd ideally like is to be able to set the default From address to the external imap address in Settings/Email and for all email addresses to appear in the From address list in Compose irrespective of which Inbox I had previously clicked on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Kev, Any news on this - it continues to annoy me every time I send an email!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @DAB412 

Apologies for not responding to the thread again at the back end of last year.

I've checked on the ticket I raised and the email team confirmed it wasn't currently possible to set a non-Virgin Media address as the default 'from' address. I've filed a request to see if this can be amended in future, but it's likely there won't be any firm timescales if the requests is accepted.

I'll keep the thread updated as and when I learn more.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kev - at least I now know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@DAB412 

So far I think the quickest solution would be to just Highlight the account (you don't even need to be in the Inbox) you want to send as, prior to clicking Compose.  It certainly saves fiddling with the drop down list.

Admittedly it would definitely be better to have it in settings, but once you've gotten the habit it should just flow.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. The other alternative is use an email client that lets me do what I want which I'm seriously but reluctantly thinking of doing.

0 Kudos