cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox unavailable

Jaime1
Joining in

Hi, I am getting the following message when trying to access my emails

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

I have tried resetting my password but still receive the same message

8 REPLIES 8

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jaime1 

It might be worth trying a second password reset. I know it's a pain but it does work sometimes.

Also, make sure you follow Virgin Media's advice to reset your password to something you have never used before and to leave it 20-30 minutes before you try accessing the account with the new password.

If that still does not work and provided you have a VM broadband contract, one of the Forum Team  (VM staff who support this forum) should be able to check this out for you.  One of them will contact you via this forum thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. I have reset the password twice and waited for an hour with no success. 

I am waiting for an important email and need access asap

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jaime1 wrote:

Thank you. I have reset the password twice and waited for an hour with no success. 

Thanks for that update.

Sadly in that case there is no quick fix. It needs action from VM

Have you tried calling VM support on 150 from a VM landline or mobile? I am not sure whether they are open right now but you could try first thing on Monday morning.  However, many people in your situation report that the front line support staff have to pass cases like this on to a technical team. That results in a further delay.

In the longer term I'd suggest switching to using a different email provider. For quite a while now VM no longer issues new email accounts and the long term future of their email service is unclear.

One of the mainstream email providers such as Gmail or Outlook.com would be a more reliable bet.

Is there any possibility of getting this important email sent to a different (non VM) email address?

Sorry to sound negative, I really am trying to be helpful.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Jaime1,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear the tips given by our VIP's haven't gotten your acces back, can you confirm are you trying this on webmail or via a client such as Outlook? Can you also please provide us a picture of the error message please.

Thanks. Joe

Thank you for replying. The issue is now resolved after making a call to VM today 

Hi @Jaime1 thanks for your reply - that's great news!

If you need any further help, we are here to support 😊
Many thanks

Tom_W

Sorry, if you don’t mind me asking where did you call as I’m having the same problem as you and there doesn’t seem to be much support regarding the issue?

Hi @Jamesmajor19373 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I can see that you've also posted on another thread.  My colleague Joseph is going to respond to you. I will leave you in his very capable hands.  

Regards

Lee_R