Menu
rem001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable

I set up a new mailbox yesterday for a family member but when we try to access it all we get is the message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment".  Yet we can access the My virginmedia portal using the new email address and password. I've tried calling the telephone number given in the message but the piped music gets a bit monotonous after the first ten minutes.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox unavailable

Hi rem001, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue accessing your mailbox. I can certainly help get things resolved. 

To allow me to help further, I will need to pass data protection with you so I have sent you a private message. To access this, just click on the little plum coloured envelope at the top right hand corner of the screen. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there rem001, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have gone in and re-enabled the mailbox today. If you leave it 24 hours, it should be accessible then. Make sure when you have accessed it that you update the password to it. You can do this by following these steps: My Virgin Media > Sign in > Enter email address and the password I've sent you > My Profile > Change password

If you are still having an issue, pop back and let me know here. 

Many thanks.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lcr_d
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to jump in here, same scenario and same problem.

I do have my own thread going but we are still no further forward since setting up the account on the 09/03/21.

This definitely suggests it is a Virgin issue then.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Icr_d,

Thanks for your post I can get this sorted for you, I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there 

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Zoie_P wrote:

Hi Icr_d,

Thanks for your post I can get this sorted for you, I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there 

Zoie

@Zoie_P  lcr_d has an open thread for their issue.  It is complicated as they are not the account holder, but the account holder has now joined the thread. Your colleagues are already involved.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Mailbox-Unavailable-IT-Issue-at-Virgin-5-Day-Wait/td-p/46...

This is a classic example of why the forum guidelines ask members not to piggy back on other users threads.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting my attention on this  Graham_A 🙂
I can see know Lee got it sorted for the customer.

All the best,

Zoie

Zoie
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi rem001, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. I know it's been a while since the last update. The IT Team have come back to me today and closed the ticket as resolved. Can you please check to see if you are still having the same error message now. 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
rem001
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Everything is up and running!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's perfect. Thank you for coming back to confirm this so quickly for me. 

I'm glad things are resolved for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos