cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox unavailable

Stringy50
On our wavelength

I am unable to access my emails when i sign into my virgin media account. It says Mailbox unavailable. I have contacted Virgin numerous times regarding this but have no solution and really need to get into my emails as the matter has gone on for a few weeks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stringy50
On our wavelength

Another week in and still no resolution! No phone calls, apologies, or update on the situation. I cannot make any more calls myself for the sake of my mental health, it's too stressful.

• Very disappointing service.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

38 REPLIES 38

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is likely that your email account has been locked for security reasons.

If you haven't already done so follow the instructions here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-account-is-locked

If that doesn't work then post back here and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Graham i've tried changing user name & password that but it hasn't worked. It says go into Menu & Settings but there's nowhere for that & if i go onto email it just re-iterates my mailbox is unavailable and nowhere to select Auto Foward (that i can see anyway).

Thanks for your help though, hopefully VM Forum Team will come forward to help me.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stringy50 wrote:

Thank you Graham i've tried changing user name & password that but it hasn't worked. It says go into Menu & Settings but there's nowhere for that & if i go onto email it just re-iterates my mailbox is unavailable and nowhere to select Auto Foward (that i can see anyway).

Thanks for your help though, hopefully VM Forum Team will come forward to help me.

The above suggests that you have skipped step 2 and gone straight to step 3.  However, best wait for the VM Forum Team to respond in a day or so as the password reset alone will probably not resolve the issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Graham as you have kindly responded to my question i wondered if you know how long it takes for the VM forum team to respond as this is now a matter of some urgency. I have not used this forum before so am unsure of time scales.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Current response times on this part of the forum are around two to three days from posting.  As you have been messed around by telephone support I will escalate the thread.  That should expedite a reply from the VM Forum Team.

Good Afternoon Stringy50,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been having problems access your mailbox, do please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for my private message

Thanks also to @Graham_A for bringing this to our attention

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

This issue has now gone on for 6 wks. I have made 40 calls to Virgin many over 2hrs being passed around. The issue has been passed to IT 3 times, the last one 10 days ago. I am still no further forward with it. Is there anyone who can help me with this as it is imperative i can access my emails obviously. 

Hi Stringy50,

I can see that you've been able to speak to our team to help us work towards a fix for the E-Mail address. 

We will certainly do everything we can to have this resolved for you as soon as we possibly can

Kindest regrds,

David_Bn

David I have spoken to 40 different colleagues from the Virgin team and up to now none have been able to resolve this issue over 6 wks. 

I have now had a 4th ticket raised to IT and yet again have to wait another 5-7 days for a response which I haven't received from the past 3 attempts.

I have been informed a manager would telephone me and I waited by my phone for 4 hrs so I wouldn't miss his call and he/she didn't make contact.

I am coming into my 7th week of this issue so am running out of options as it would also appear no-one on this community forum can help either.

I am very disappointed and understandably extremely frustrated by the whole matter.