Menu
Ansam1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable

For several days now I have been unable to access my virgin email account. It is a secondary account as my daughter holds the original. I have tried changing the password, but still cannot gain access.

Any help with this would be most welcome,thanks  

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox unavailable

Good afternoon @Ansam1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to reach out. 

I am sorry to hear that you haven't managed to get into your email address. 

Have you managed to change the password on the account? 

Are you getting an error message when logging in? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
misterdog
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you look at the number of posts from people asking how to close their email accounts, you might notice a pattern.

Ever since Virgin moved the email system from Google (around 4 years ago IIRC) their system has been a shambles.

It is constantly bombarded with spam and then the whole system gets blacklisted, all Virgin say is 'there was no leak of information from our side'. ROFL.

The best thing Virgin could do is shut down their entire email system and tell people to use a service that actually works like Gmail.

Strangely Gmail costs nothing yet we all pay Virgin £££££££ every month. 

0 Kudos
Ansam1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak, I have managed to change the password for my email account, but this seems to have made little or no difference; when trying to sign in I still get the 'unavailable'  report.

I have a suspicion this may have something to do with automatic sign in, but have not yet devised a plan to navigate that problem.

If you have any suggestions they would be most welcome,

many thanks for your reply.

Andy 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ansam1, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Online Account services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. 

We are aware of an technical issue with some customer online accounts at the moment, our IT team is trying hard to get this resolved as quickly as possible and we know this can cause some inconvenience which we apologise for.

Once the issue on our side has been rectified we can then go back and see if your problem still persists, but hopefully they are connected and it will be resolved along with the wider issue!

For now if you are in desperate need to view something on your online account, we will be happy to take a look for you. We can't process upgrades/downgrades or cancellations but we can relay information for you and explain exactly what's going on if you need clarity on something 🙂

Please let me know if you need more help and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Megan_L