forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Alan_P1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable

I have had the following error message for two days now when trying to access Virgin Media webmail 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment."

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

It's been like this for two days now and all other aspects of VM website work fine. I've managed to speak to 150 and have changed the password. I believe Virgin have raised a case but I am not sure of this and have no reference number.

I can't get into emails on either on my mobile or pc. I have had to use my partner's email address to access this forum as I cannot receive emails on my account.  If my account has been locked due to suspicious activity, I am assuming that this is an automated process but why don't Virgin notify customers by phone or text when this happens with advice on how to resolve the issue. I have broadband, landline and mobile accounts with Virgin and they have contact numbers, which could be used.

I am working from home at the moment and the loss of the email service is losing me potential customers and income.

0 Kudos
Alan_P1
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox unavailable

An update. After 3 days without email, I now cannot access virgin media at all. Getting a holding screen which says "We're doing some work on our website...etc". There is a link below to emails ending in @blueyonder.co.uk, which does not work. After another tortuous phone call to customer services, I have at least confirmed that my password has been changed successfully, as recommended in the online "Fix it" section, and have been told that a work order has been raised No: 13512624. However I have also been told that this could take another 5 to 7 days. I have been offered no explanation as to why I cannot access my account and am concerned that there may be a security issue. This is of particular concern as most of the other organisations I access online notify me of unexpected login attempts via email. Can anyone help? I'm getting increasingly frustrated! 

0 Kudos
Alan_P1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have now been without access to my email account for 8 days and it is 6 days since I was told that a work order had been raised. Virgin have been unable to provide an explanation as to why the account is unavailable but their online guidance suggests that compromised security may be a reason. As this is the account to which my financial statements together with information about purchases, deliveries etc. are sent, I am becoming increasingly concerned. Please could a moderator escalate this to the VM forum team for me as I simply don't know what else to do to get this resolved?

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan_P1, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry you've currently got no access to your email mail box.  It sounds like an I.T. ticket has been raised.  If this is the case it can take 5-7 working days from the date it was raised.  Would you like us to see if there's been any update?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Alan_P1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the offer Lee. It would be nice to know what's going on and a likely timescale for resolution. The work number I was given over the phone by customer services was No: 13512624.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Alan_P1

Thanks for coming back to us. There is an update, I'll PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos