Menu
thompa
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable

Hi there,

Just came across the error:-

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I was using Chrome and it crashed, when I restarted, I saw the error message. I tried opening another browser (Firefox) and see the exact same message.

Earlier I tried to send an email and saw a cannot verify your DNS error! First time I have seen that one!

I cleared the cache in Chrome with no beneficial affect

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks in anticipation,

Allan

0 Kudos
thompa
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox unavailable

OK it is now working... did not do anything but wait and sign-in again... and again... and again... perseverance prevailed - but there must have been an issue with the mail server!
0 Kudos
thompa
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ha! Spoke too soon.
I am into Virginmedia email.... but there is a message at the bottom of the screen - 'Server Unreachable'!
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@thompa wrote:
Ha! Spoke too soon.
I am into Virginmedia email.... but there is a message at the bottom of the screen - 'Server Unreachable'!

I suspect that there is either maintenance going on or a fault has developed. Need to wait until the staff are back later to raise this if it doesn't clear overnight.

I am seeing this also.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Service seems to have been restored.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
thompa
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes - service was restored.

Wonder why the 'Status' page did not show any issues....

0 Kudos